Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Pizza Roll-Ups

This was a fun snack we made for a football game toward the end of the season. Speaking of the season, gut.wrenching.finish. I had to remind myself it's just a game and my favorite team will be back next year with more motivation. Roll Tide! #Greatseasonanyway

On to the food. This is a recipe you can easily make your own with whatever you have on hand. I started with a basic pizza dough. This one is homemade from a Pioneer Woman recipe, but you could use store bought too.
I rolled it out to a nice rectangular-ish shape.

Browned some meat with Italian spices.

Spread on some tomato sauce and added some more Italian spices to it.
Sprinkled on some cheese.
Then rolled the whole thing up nice and tight (it's a little messy, but that's okay)

Then we sliced it into pieces about 1-1.5 inches thick and placed in a squared baking pan. We popped it in the oven and baked according to dough directions until golden brown. I don't think I have any photos of the cooked product. I might have taken one on the hubby's phone but I don't have it on hand. Take my word for it though, they were a big hit, delicious and so easy!




No comments:

Post a Comment