Thursday, February 2, 2017

Red Pen

So I'm just gonna go ahead and put this disclaimer out there. I'm sure there are plenty of errors that could be found on this blog, BUT this is just for fun and usually written on the fly.

Ok. Now that I've gotten that out of the way... Here are my deep thoughts for the day: "did they even read that before they published it?". I'm talking newspapers, magazines, "professional" letters and emails, business websites, and other similar avenues. I seriously need to start a side business of proofing things for people, because there are a whole lot of "uh ohs" out there.

I've always been known amongst family and friends as the one who was born with a red pen in hand. If there is an error, I will find it. (And I will want to point it out and fix it too) We're talking errors that someone should really catch. It's like the whole twelve men on the field penalty in football. There should literally be someone that has the sole job of counting to eleven on every play and making sure they don't get penalized. Just count!

On the same token, just read the text before letting something go out there. See if it makes sense and is accurate, then post.

This public service announcement is provided to you free of charge. If anyone needs me I'll be over here with my red pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment