Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Window Picture Frame

This is a project I've been wanting to get done for a while now. I wanted to make a wooden window frame out of some reclaimed wood we had to hold pictures. 

My plan was to use it to hold photos of the outdoors and things I love to put on my desk at work, help motivate and remind me about what I'm there and get me through the day. 




I started out by measuring out the size I wanted the final frame to be and then the talented hubby helped me with the cutting, design and building. He used both glue and nails to hold everything together.
 Once the frame was complete I laid out the photos I wanted to use and tried a few different methods for attaching them. 

I looked at using some wire or wood pieces to attach them, but found the simplest method and one I liked the look of the most was just a good old fashioned wooden clothes pin.

So I took four clothes pins and hot-glued them to the back of the frame so that each one would hang down into the opening below. We'll see how well the hot glue holds up and if I have to change it. 

I'm happy with the final product and think this will help brighten up my space and bring a smile to my face a little more often. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment