Monday, April 24, 2017

Easy Mexican Dinner

This was an easy meal to throw together.

I don't really think you can call it a recipe. Just a simple solution to a busy weeknight when you don't have much time to cook dinner and you're too tired to put much thought into it.

I started with a couple of chicken breasts and threw them in a pot to boil. Then I took my awesome pampered chef scissors which were a gift from my in laws and chopped it up right in the pot after draining.
Then I added a little water plus these seasonings to taste.
Salt
Pepper
Oregano
Garlic powder
Paprika
Cumin
Chili powder
Minced onion


I gave it a good stir and let it simmer. Then we ate it with chips, tortillas and fixings like sour cream, salsa and cheese. We also had black beans and veggies.

At this point you could do any number of things with it. You could make baked tacos, Mexican casseroles, nachos, or any other Mexican flavored dish your heart desires.

This night we just wanted quick and simple and this with chips and sides was the perfect solution. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment