Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Simple Roast Chicken Sheet Pan Supper

This was a super simple supper for a busy weeknight.

I did my bulk shopping trip for meat last night and used one of the packages of chicken breast along with some carrots and potatoes I had on hand to make this.

First I lined the pan with foil for easy clean up.

Then I peeled and chopped the carrots and chopped some red potatoes. I drizzled with olive oil, tossed to coat and then seasoned them with salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, minced onion.

I spread them out on the sheet pan and then cut up my chicken and seasoned with the same process. I laid the chicken out over the vegetables and placed it all in the oven at 400 degrees.

I let it roast for an hour and then checked the vegetables for doneness. I added some chicken broth and then continued roasting for another half hour or so until everything was tender.

Quick and easy meal with lots of flavor!

Ingredients
2-4 chicken breasts cut into halves or fourths
4-6 whole carrots washed, peeled and chopped
Red potatoes washed, chopped
Olive oil
Salt
Pepper
Garlic or garlic powder
Onion or minced onion
Oregano
Thyme
Other seasonings as desired
Chicken broth

(You can totally use what you have on hand for this recipe, these are just the ingredients and amounts I used)

Directions
Coat ingredients with olive oil then season with seasonings as desired.
Roast on a sheet pan in a 400 degree oven for 1 - 1.5 hours or until chicken done and vegetables tender.
Add chicken broth if needed to keep moist.

No comments:

Post a Comment