Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Ottoman Progress

It's time for a quick update on the progress of the ottoman rescue.

I showed you the fabric the other day. This weekend I was able to cut and attach the new foam cushion. I hope to get the batting on tonight when I get home from work. 

Here is a photo of the bare ottoman, cleaned up and ready for it's new life. 


First I measured the length and width needed and then I cut my foam to size. It was 15.5 x 23.5. I wanted it to be just a bit smaller than the true edge to edge measurement because I didn't want it hanging out over the edge. 


After I cut the foam to size I had to get the handsome hubby to help me locate a staple gun. Once we found that and the staples that fit I just used it to attach the foam to the top of the ottoman frame.


I just used a few staples. On the edges and in the middle of each side. Hopefully I'll be back later this week with more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment