Monday, June 12, 2017

Ottoman Rescue - Finally Done!

Well it has taken waayyy longer than I anticipated to get this project done but I'm so happy to finally have it finished and post the results!

As I posted before I rescued this vintage ottoman from the trash pile.


It was in sad shape when we found it. It had been in a storage shed on the property we bought for probably at least 30 years if I had to guess. Could have just been around 20 but still that is a long time.

I started the project by cleaning it up and removing the old fabric and skirt.

Then I sanded and painted the legs. Leaving a little bit of patina I guess you could call it on the metal part.


I could have just gone down to the store and bought new legs but I wanted it to have some character and something from the original look.

Once the fabric was all removed I basically just had a box left with holes for the legs.

I replaced the worn out top cushion that goes under the fabric and then covered the top and sides with batting.


Once that was completed I covered with the new fabric. This really pretty fabric called Adele by Magnolia Home.


I had a picture in my head when I started off a blue and white floral fabric and after searching the web this was the one that stood out to me. Not surprising since I love all things Magnolia. ☺


After covering with the new fabric the only thing left was to put some fabric on the bottom to finish it out.




For my first attempt at furniture recovering I was pleased with how this project turned out.



No comments:

Post a Comment