Friday, June 30, 2017

Friday Favorites 6/30/17


I am so glad it is Friday and today I'm heading to the beach! Woot woot!

Before I go I'm joining with A Little Bit of EverythingMomfessionals and Grace and Love blog for this Friday favorite link up.

My favorites this week:

1. It's a recurring theme in my recent posts but BEACH! I'm so glad to be getting out of the office for a few days. Even though I'll be working some still, it's on non-profit work and it's not in an office, so I'm very happy about that.



While we're there hopefully we'll get some more fishing in and maybe some tennis. There is definitely fresh seafood in my future though.

2. July 4th is coming up and it's always a fun time to celebrate our freedom and spend time with loved ones. Last year we went to a local place that does reenactments and historical education type things.


Not sure where we'll be this year but I will be taking a few minutes wherever we are to give thanks for this great country and the freedom we enjoy, and especially for all those who sacrificed to make it possible.

3. Finding great deals!

A friend at work had told me about her OTBT shoes and how incredibly comfortable they were. I looked them up online and thought to myself "there is no way I am paying that much for a pair of shoes". I thought about how nice is would be to find some at a good price if they were really good shoes.

This is a great example of how God is so good that He pays attention to even the small things we desire or ask for. Very shortly after this I saw a pair of this brand of shoes in a style and color that I liked listed on a local for sale listing that I never really even look at, but for some reason I was that day. They caught my attention as they were brand new and priced at about 1/3 of the cost brand new!


I messaged the seller and long story short I ended up with a nice pair to give a try for a very reasonable price. Since I'm always a little unsure about this type of thing it's also comforting to know that I can turn around and sell them again if they don't work and from what I'm told they should sell fairly easily. Even the seller suggested that if I didn't end up liking them I just re-post where she had them when I found them because several people messaged her about them too.

4. These chocolate chip muffins.

Mmmmm I make them every now and then and often when we're traveling I make some to take with us for easy snacks and breakfast in the hotel or condo. They are from scratch but super easy to make and very yummy.

5. This bathing suit.

  I found it on sale at JCPenney and literally paid about $1.97 for one piece and either $1.97 or $4.97 for the other. I love finding deals like that!

I wasn't sure if I would like it but it's ended up being a favorite so far. It's fits well and is very comfy and flattering. I'm not posting a photo of me in it because well, who wants to do that, but it is a favorite of recent swimsuits.

I especially like the detailing in the back and the fact that I can wear it with the matching bottoms or with some plain black ones.

The only complaint I have is the top can take a little bit of effort to get on and off, but it is very comfortable and you're able to move around freely once it's on.

Well I'm heading to the beach!

Have a wonderful weekend and July 4th holiday. I hope we all remember the reason behind the holiday too and give thanks for our freedoms and those who died to secure them. Happy Independence Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment