Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Muffins

This is my favorite chocolate chip muffin recipe.

It's from scratch, it's easy, and it's delicious. They make very moist, dense muffins every time.

I wouldn't say they are necessarily low fat but they are a yummy indulgence for every now and then.
I'm making a double batch tonight at my family's request to take with us on our upcoming weekend trip to the beach. 

I got the original recipe from searching the internet several years ago on a blog called The Curvy Carrot who got it from Taste of Home. (You've got to love a name like that) It might have been via Pinterest, but it's been long enough that I'm not sure.

I make a couple of slight changes, but for the most part kept it the same. You could do some variations by changing the chocolate chips out for something else like peanut butter chips or blueberries or some other fruit, but personally I love a good chocolate chip muffin!


Go make these for yourself and see if you don't like them as much as we do!

Makes 12 muffins: (I made 24 tonight!)

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking power
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1 cup sour cream
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup milk chocolate chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 350.

Line cupcake pan with liners or grease and flour. I use cooking spray sometimes.

In large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.

In another bowl, combine egg, sour cream, melted butter, and vanilla extract, mixing well. (I often use a glass bowl to melt the butter first and then add the other ingredients. I'm all about less dishes to wash!)

Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined.

Fold in chocolate chips (or other ingredient of your choice!) until combined.

Pour batter evenly into prepared cupcake pan (make them about 3/4 full each).

Bake at 350 for 16-18 minutes or until tester in center of muffin comes out clean.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment