Wednesday, June 28, 2017

What's Up Wednesday 6/28/17




It's already time for another What's Up Wednesday with Mix and Match MamaThe Larson Lingo and Sheaffer Told Me To.

This month has been super busy and I can't believe it's gone by so quickly!


1. What we’re eating this week
Monday was a Moroccan inspired meal from one of my many cookbooks. Apricot, date and chicken tangine. (Excuse the fine china ;))

We discovered we liked Moroccan food and Epcot of all places. 😊 It's the first time I've tried to make it at home and it turned out pretty good I think.

Then last night it was ground turkey and spaghetti. 

I'm not sure what we'll be having tonight and tomorrow but come this weekend we're heading back to the beach for another conference, second weekend in a row, so more fresh seafood! YAY!

2. What I’m reminiscing about
My cousin got married this past weekend so I've been reminiscing about our wedding. Sweet memories!

3. What I’m loving
Beach trips and being away from work!

4. What we’ve been up to
Beach conference last week into the weekend and then again this weekend. It's just nice to be away from my real job for a while and get a little bit of time by the ocean.

We've done lots of tree cutting and land clearing this month.


 I (finally) finished my ottoman recovering project.

I learned to operate a Bobcat.

Family wedding but I don't have a single photo in my phone. It was a lot of fun though and I even got the hubby to dance with me a little, which is no small feat!

5. What I’m dreading
Going back to work after this next beach trip, especially since my work buddy left me last week :(

6. What I’m working on
Trying to get some projects done around the house and get some items listed to sell too.

I'm also working on finding some legit work from home and/or part time work options that are not sales related. Sales is really not my thing. I could be a great editor though with my red pen. I am always finding errors in random things!

7. What I’m excited about
The BEACH and Independence Day!


8. What I’m watching/reading
I haven't been watching a lot but we did go see Cars 3. My niece loved it.


We also watched both the NBA Finals and the Stanley Cup. You won't find us watching hockey or basketball on a regular basis around here, but we got quite invested in these two finals this year for some reason.

Of course the fact that Nashville was in the hockey finals helped since we had to cheer on the Southern team. 

9. What I'm listening to
A little country, a little worship, a little elevator music when we're road tripping with my brother in law.

10. What I'm wearing
Same ole thing to work.

I have some new wedges I'm excited to try out. They're supposed to be really good shoes that a friend at work told me about. So we'll see.

11. What I'm doing this weekend.
BEACH! Working a conference and then an extra day just to relax.

12. What I'm looking forward to next month
More progress being made on clearing the land.

July 4th and hopefully finding some more fun summer adventures to go on.

13. What else is new
I think that pretty much covers it 


Bonus Question: What's your favorite July 4th tradition?
Probably when we used to go to the downtown area of an old neighborhood in our city that has the best views of the fireworks. We always went as kids and even up to a few years ago. The past few years we've tried some different things and they've all been fun too, but I'll always have a soft spot for the area we watched fireworks growing up.


No comments:

Post a Comment