Thursday, November 3, 2016

Ground Beef Risotto

This easy one pan recipe is quick and a great option for a weeknight dinner. The method is basically the same as I used for my weeknight risotto side dish. 
First I just brown some ground beef in a 12 inch non-stick skillet. Adding in some garlic and onions and black pepper (or in this case garlic powder and minced onions).

Then after that is nice and browned over med-high heat I drained it and returned to the skillet and stirred in about 1 cup of rice. I let that cook for about 2-3 minutes, stirring the whole time.
Then I stir in about 3.5 cups of beef broth (I've used chicken broth before too) and bring it to a boil. Once boiling, I reduced the heat to med-low and covered to let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
After that I stir in some fresh, chopped veggies. This time I used a zucchini, but I've also used squash, carrots, whatever floats your boat!
I let that cook uncovered for about 7-10 minutes or until it's nice and tender. Or nice and crunchy if you aren't a fan of tender veggies. :)
Once the veggies have reached your desired level of doneness, remove from heat and stir in about 1/2 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese. 
Serve and Enjoy!

Ingredients 
1 lb ground beef (you could substitute other ground meat too)
1 small onion chopped (or equivalent minced onions)
2 cloves garlic, chopped (or equivalent garlic powder)
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup uncooked rice (I used regular long-grain, you could use Arborio too)
3.5 cups beef broth (or other broth)
1/2 cup shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
1/2 - 1 cup of your favorite fresh veggies, chopped

Directions
In 12 inch non-stick skillet, cook meat, onion, garlic, and pepper over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly browned. Drain if desired.
Stir in uncooked rice and cook 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
Stir in broth and heat to boiling.
Reduce heat to medium-low.
Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
Stir in veggies and cook 7-10 minutes or until done.
Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
Cover and let stand several minutes then serve and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment