Friday, November 25, 2016

Peanut Butter Cheesecake

Pretty much as soon as I made this Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake Cake I knew that I had to try the two parts separately.


It's been hard to convince others in the family to let me separate them because they liked it so much together!

I threw out making peanut butter cheesecake as a suggestion for my dessert contribution on Thanksgiving this year and it was met with a quick and resounding "YES!" Now they may or may not have understood that I meant I was just making a cheesecake, not this entire cheesecake cake, but I'm going with it anyway. :)

I'm pretty sure they won't complain too much since the cheesecake is so.darn.good.

It's peanut butter and chocolate, so really can you go wrong with that? I think not!

Ingredients
CRUST
1.5 cups Graham crackers crumbs
3 Tbsp sugar
1/3 cup melted butter

CHEESECAKE 
2 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
pinch of salt
2 large eggs
1/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream

GANACHE
15 Dove Dark Chooclate Promises (about 4 oz)
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Dove Peanut Butter and Milk Chocolate Promise for garnish

WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons sugar 

Directions
CHEESECAKE:
Preheat oven to 325. Fill a shallow pan with about 1 inch of water and place on bottom rack of oven.

First mix together crust. Mix Graham crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar and butter together and press on to bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.

I didn't feel like dragging out my heavy food processor so I thought I'd give my blender a try for this. It didn't work so well I ended up mixing it in a bowl and having to clean up my blender to boot. Oh well I tried.

In large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and granulated sugar for 2-3 minutes until creamy.
Add peanut butter, salt, and eggs. Beat well.
Beat in sour cream and heavy cream, scraping sides as needed. Allow to mix on high for two minutes until thick and creamy.


Pour into prepared springform pan and place in bottom 2/3 of oven above pan of water.

Bake for 45 minutes then turn oven off and let cheesecake sit in oven for additional 25-30 minutes.
Remove from oven and cool completely on wire rack then store in refrigerator.

GANACHE:

Unwrap 15 Dove Dark Chocolate PROMISES and place in microwave safe glass bowl. Add cream and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir then heat for additional 30 seconds. Use a whisk to quickly stir until smooth. Set aside to cool for about 15 minutes. 

WHIPPED TOPPING:

Place metal bowl and whisk in freezer for 10-15 minutes. Then whisk together cream and sugar until stiff peaks form. 
 

Pour the cooled ganache over top of set cheesecake and let it run over and down the sides. Then garnish with whipped cream as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment