Monday, November 21, 2016

Life, Love and Other Mysteries

It's been quite busy around here lately. I guess that is probably the case for everyone getting ready for the holiday season and such. This is my favorite time of year so I'm planning to enjoy every minute of it!

It has been colder and more colorful lately. I just love to see fall colors. As dry as it has been I wasn't sure we'd really see any, but they have come through a little anyway.

In addition to getting ready for the holidays I've been cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, etc. The usual work and life routine. Along with lots of prayer for this country. 

With Veterans Day last week I'm always reminded of how much others have sacrificed for our freedom and I don't take that for granted. I'm so appreciative of them on Veteran's Day but also the whole year through. I think people often forget that this is one incredibly blessed nation. 

I see so much that bothers me when I look around and it can be very frustrating if I let it. I want to, and too often do, complain about all the things I see and how they don't even begin to make sense. Then I hear the Holy Spirit reminding me that the roots of our problems aren't in people or government. Those are only the visible results of what is happening on a spiritual level. 

I've seen several different quotes floating around about how no particular person or party can solve our problems, only Jesus can, and that is so true. If we would just refocus our attention on walking in the love that He has shed abroad in our hearts so much would start to change. 

Instead the enemy wants to divide and conquer, to amplify every difference small or large and every misunderstanding. We have to start attacking the root of the problems we see if we ever want to see a change and the way to do that is through God and sharing His love with everyone we come in contact with day in and day out. 

I know this is easier said than done and we will all no doubt fail multiple times. Each time though we have to get back up and keep moving forward, walking in love and grace and peace, and seeing things through the eyes of the Spirit. I believe if we can do that, not only will we make a change on a spiritual level it will start to manifest in the things we see all around us. 

Among other things more people, churches, and communities will start realizing that it is our privilege to help lift up those in need and get them back on their feet. It's not the governments job and it was never intended to be. The government needs to stop spending money it doesn't have on things it was never intended to do, and the church needs to step up and start doing more of what we are intended to do; sharing the love of Jesus through word and deed. 

I pray we can all come back to the principles and freedoms this nation was founded on and realize where we've strayed from that path and how to correct it. More importantly though I pray we as a people turn to the only true answer and look to Jesus as the author and finisher of our faith. 

I hope everyone has a happy and blessed Thanksgiving week and takes a few moments to be thankful for God's blessings in your life, whatever they may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment