Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Rose Petal Keepsake

I am a sentimental person. I admit it.

I have a much harder time throwing away something if someone I love gave it to me. 

I love getting flowers but I'd rather not most of the time because then they die and it makes me sad to have to throw them away. My sweet hubby knows this. He tends to not buy me flowers too often but when he does I want to keep something from them.

I have dried flowers before but then I never know exactly what to do with them.

Several years ago I came up with a solution.

I've always taken a photo of the flowers when they are fresh and beautiful, but then I came up with this way of keeping something from them that didn't take up much space and was easy to do.

I take a petal or two from the flowers and dry that. Then I take a small strip of paper with the date and occasion written on it and curl it up.
Then I place the dried petals and the curled paper into this cute little glass heart container I got at a craft store.
It's a cute and sweet display and it doesn't take up much room at all and every time I pass by it I think about the sweet memories those petals represent.

No comments:

Post a Comment