Wednesday, July 26, 2017

What's Up Wednesday 7/26/17




Hard to believe it's the end of July already! What happened?!

I'm joining the What's Up Wednesday link up today with Mix and Match MamaThe Larson Lingo and Sheaffer Told Me To.

1. What we’re eating this week
Trying to eat healthier. Monday I had a meeting where we ordered in so I had a yummy berry salad with chicken.
Tuesday we had baked chicken with couscous and green peas.
The rest of the week will probably include beef and turkey, some guacamole and other random items.

2. What I’m reminiscing about
Trips to the beach. Trips anywhere really. I am dreaming about a vacation right now. We're about to be pet sitting for family members going on vacation and I could just about cry because we aren't going too.

3. What I’m loving
Just loving life. Enjoying some swimming and other fun summer activity.

4. What we’ve been up to
We've done a little more work on the land. I have stacked logs with the Bobcat all by myself. This was my first pile.
I was very proud of my amateur self.

We've also been trying to fight bugs off the trees that have been cut, but it's challenging since we don't have a way to mill them right away, or a kiln to dry them in.

You hear the most annoying little sucking and clicking sounds of the bugs just eating away. We really want to be able to save the wood for use down the road but how do you keep the annoying critters from eating all through them after you cut them?

Anyone know? We could use some help!

5. What I’m dreading
Work. Honestly these days it is a dread, even more so than usual. I'm really looking in earnest to find some ways to work from home and be able to replace at least a good portion of the income from my current job so that I can be a little less miserable in life and actually be the home maker I want to be. 

6. What I’m working on
Still working on finding a new, reliable, legitimate source of income that doesn't make me a grumpy person all week long. ;) 

7. What I’m excited about
Lots of things. Too many to share today but sometime soon maybe. ;)

8. What I’m watching/reading
I'm about to start reading the balance of Grace and faith. Reading my Bible as always.

9. What I'm listening to
Lately worship music has been my go to. I need it.

10. What I'm wearing
Shorts and t-shirts when I'm not at work.

11. What I'm doing this weekend.
Pet and house sitting. Maybe some work on the land. House planning.

12. What I'm looking forward to next month
A vacation hopefully!

13. What else is new?
Lots of work related stuff.

Bonus Question: 
What's your favorite thing about summer?
The longer days. Love having more daylight to enjoy the outdoors. Swimming and all kinds of fun activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment