Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Cleaning House

I really don't like dirt. I mean I like dirt outside where it belongs, I like playing in the dirt, but I really don't like dirt in my house. Or grime, or dust. Even when we go on vacation, I'm that person that takes along cleaning supplies. Go ahead and shake your head, but it's true. I relax much better in a clean environment. I really have to make myself stop at a surface cleaning when we travel and resist the urge to scrub off the spots and stains I just know would come up with some elbow grease.

Don't get me wrong, my house is not spotless by any stretch, but I do have to keep some things done or I am not a happy camper.

I am also known among my family to be the one to call when something is in need of a deep cleaning. I have often said after tackling one of these projects "I really should have taken a before photo of that". So now whenever I tackle something extra dingy I try to take a photo before I get started and then an after one. Just for fun. Does anyone else do this for fun? Anyone? I'm going to pretend at least one of you said yes and move right along.

It may be a bit quirky, but I just love seeing something all sparkly and clean after being so... not sparkly and clean and knowing that my hard work made it happen.
Before
This was a disgusting handle on the shower door when we moved in. I took it off the door and gave it a thorough cleaning and ahh...

After

Photos like these just make me feel all happy and peaceful inside. Maybe that's the answer to some of the world's problems, we should just get the involved parties together and clean something. Goodness knows there is a lot in this world that needs cleaning. Those are my deep thoughts for the day. If you need me I'll be over here. I feel the need to go clean something now.

No comments:

Post a Comment