Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Window Project Update

I told you a while back about this new project I was starting.


Well since then I've made a little progress just working on it in the evenings or on the weekends when I have a few minutes. I decided to do a fall theme. I sanded down the rough edges and some bad spots, then put a fresh coat of white paint on the window frame. I let that dry and then I painted on the outline of the design I decided on, a pumpkin with some leaves and the words "Give Thanks" written above it.


You can't tell a lot from the photos. The shadows and the fact that it is glass kind of messes with the eyes.

Funny story. I thought I'd be all exact and try to measure letter spacing exactly and all that jazz. Yeah, that was a bit of a mess. I actually ended up cleaning off what I did and then free handing it, just spot checking the sizes as I went and making minor adjustments as needed. Turned out way better that way. Reminded me that I really need to just learn to let go sometimes. lol

Then I started painting in the various objects. I need to get some orange paint so I can keep going. Hopefully I will have this all done this week and get it sealed.

I used acrylic paint because that is what I had on hand and I don't plan on this being an outdoor decoration really. Hopefully I can seal it and it will work just fine. If not, it's a learning experience and I can do it over I suppose! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment