Wednesday, October 26, 2016

What's Up Wednesday - 10/26/16






Today it is time for What's Up Wednesday with Mix and Match Mama, The Larson Lingo and Sheaffer Told Me To. Thanks ladies for hosting a fun link up!


1. What we’re eating this week
Monday was a late dinner night so we ate Mexican chicken, beans and veggies. Other nights will be some kind of ground beef, more chicken and probably some fish or more chicken. It's a bit of a crazy week, so we're just doing the best we can to get something on the table, BUT I am putting my new meal planning idea into action starting next week so hopefully I'll be a bit more organized then!

2. What I’m reminiscing about
Nothing really at the moment. I'm just enjoying the fall.  

3. What I’m loving
Cooler weather! YAY! We're still having some days in the mid to upper 80s but we've also had a few where highs were only upper 60s and low 70s so it has actually felt like fall.

4. What we’ve been up to
We traveled to the beach for a wedding. It was a short weekend, but some much needed time away. I've been working on my window art project, trying out new recipes, getting ready for fall family gatherings. I  just finished helping with a charity golf tournament. We've had a lot going on this month! Then there is the usual work and life routine too.


5. What I’m dreading
As much as I love the weather getting cooler, I'm dreading when it goes past that cool point straight to cold and icy feeling. Brrrrr

6. What I’m working on
Window project, cooking, meal planning... pretty much same as my answer to the what we've been up to section.


7. What I’m excited about
My new cookbook meal planning idea! I'm super pumped about this. I've been trying to figure out a meal planning plan that would work for us, and I think this one might just do the trick. Plus it feeds my love of cookbooks. Bonus!
Fall! I love the fall weather, the soups, chili, sweaters, sweatshirts. Plus it's the start of the holiday season, which is always my favorite time of year. 


8. What I’m watching/reading
Football, lots and lots of football. Reading my Bible as always, but not much else at the moment.


9. What I’m listening to
Nothing in particular.


10. What I’m wearing
Layers. Lots and lots of layers. It gets chilly in the morning, but I'm usually sweating by the middle of the day, then it's chilly again or it's not and I just keep right on sweating. Gotta love the south.


11. What I’m doing this weekend
We have a big family costume party with lots of food and craziness. Then I'll be recovering from eating all that food and listening to all the craziness. HA! Then of course there is football :)


12. What I’m looking forward to next month
Wow it's hard to believe next month is November already! Where has this year gone? I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving and spending that special time with family. Eating all the delicious food you only get during the holiday season. I think Thanksgiving may very well be my favorite holiday of all. No pressure for gift giving, just quality time with family and friends and great food!


13. What else is new
Mmmm not much that I can think of at the moment. :)

Bonus question: What is your favorite Halloween memory/picture/tradition?
I didn't have to think about this long at all. Even though I'm really not a Halloween person. (It just never has been my thing, but I do love the fall.) For a number of years now we get together with my sister and her family at our parents house and have a pumpkin carving night. We've done it since my husband and I were dating and it is always lots of fun. We get together and eat and then make a big, fat mess carving up some pumpkins on their dining room table. Then we take pictures with our pumpkins and take them home to decorate our porches. Fun times. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment