Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Family Time

I'm back! We had a fun little weekend trip to go to a family member's wedding on the beach. We actually came back Sunday night but work on Monday came really early. Followed by an afternoon of grocery shopping, catching up on laundry and cooking dinner. So no time to check in here.

Even though we didn't get any time off work it was nice to get away for even just a short weekend trip. The weather was a little chilly if you were out by the water and the sky was cloudy, but it was so nice overall. Who knew so many people went to the beach in October though?! Did you know? I sure didn't. Well, ok I mean I did, but I was surprised by how many non-snow bird types we saw. I can see why though, it's still nice and it's not too crowded either.

A few brave souls were in the chilly pool but mostly the hot tub was full all the time. We never got in but we did enjoy laying out by the pool and on the beach. The sun was out a little but not all the time. I suppose it would have been harder to leave if it had been sunny and warm the whole time, at least that's what I kept telling myself.

Now that we're back I'm already trying to figure out how and where I can go somewhere again. :)

Am I the only one who comes back from a trip and immediately starts thinking about where can I go next? Even if it's a long time away, just knowing that I'm going to get some time off and go somewhere fun or relaxing is a nice mental escape when the days get long and tiring. It's something to look forward to and I think that is good for your well-being.

Those are my deep thoughts for the day. I hope everyone has something fun to look forward to in the near future. If not, get busy coming up with something! :) It doesn't even have to cost anything. There are lots of parks and fun things to do nearby if you just look around. Just decide it's worth it to take some time for relaxing and family and then make some plans, even if it's just a day trip or an afternoon. You'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment