Friday, September 23, 2016

New Project - Window art

I should really learn to finish projects before starting new ones, but I just can't seem to help myself. Here is my latest. I've been eyeing this window in a pile of old used windows out by the garage. I finally went and got it from the pile and cleaned it up. (pardon the fact that there is a folding table behind it - I  haven't taken many photos of it yet)


It had one section with some broken wood, from where it had been removed from it's original home I'm guessing. I had the handy hubby use his saw skills to get it all nice and even for me. It is now awaiting a fresh coat of paint.Once I paint it I'm thinking I'll distress the edges a little and then paint something on the actual glass. Maybe a fun seasonal decoration. I'm thinking fall maybe?

It is starting to look like fall a little bit. Although my car is still saying it is over 100 degrees when I get in it in the afternoons, so I'm thinking those brown leaves on the ground are not because it is fall but more likely that they've just given up on the heat ending at this point, turned brown, and jumped off the trees! It's really only mid to upper 90s but still, that ain't exactly fall weather. I mean my boots and sweaters are no.where.in.sight.

For now, I'm still gathering ideas but I'll post some more on this project when I figure out what exactly I'm doing with it. That's always a nice thing to know, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment