Wednesday, September 28, 2016

What's Up Wednesday (9/28/16)





Today I thought I'd give the What's Up Wednesday link up a whirl. I've never done one of these before so we'll see if I can figure out how to make it work. :) One of the hosts is Shay at the Mix and Match Mama (one of my favorite places to find recipe inspiration) and I always enjoy the fun answers to the monthly questions. I found as I answered these questions that I am not a very interesting person it would seem, but here it goes anyway.


1. What we’re eating this week
Monday we had homemade pizza. Homemade pizza dough is super easy. I used this recipe from the Pioneer Woman to make about 6 batches a few weeks back to freeze. We pulled two out (we like having leftovers for lunches), added some seasoned tomato sauce to one and BBQ sauce on the other, browned and seasoned some ground turkey, added spinach, sliced tomatoes, cheeses and made some veggies to go along with it. Other dinners this week (if all goes according to plan) will be: spinach and feta meatballs with risotto (planning to post that recipe soon!), baked chicken with veggies, and one yet to be determined meal with chicken. I really need to be better at menu planning. We fly by the seat of our pants a lot. Friday will probably be a restaurant meal to celebrate the end of the work week. 

2. What I’m reminiscing about
Our trip to California several years back. A friend is flying out today to visit Sacramento and it is bringing back all sorts of fun memories of our trip. My husband ran the CIM and qualified for the Boston Marathon and then we packed in lots of sight-seeing with friends. Those same friends actually got engaged on that trip, married soon after and are now the proud parents of two kiddos. A lot has happened since then but it doesn't seem like that long ago. 

3. What I’m loving
We are FINALLY getting a little bit of cooler weather around here. And when I say cooler I mean highs in the upper 80s instead of having temperatures in the high 90s like we have for most of the month of September. They are actually forecasting highs in the upper 80s and lows in the 50s! It’s finally starting to feel a little more like fall and football weather! You know you live in the South when 89 degrees in September is considered a wave of cool air. I still love it here though.

4. What we’ve been up to
Just the usual. Working, tackling projects around the house, cooking, cleaning, decorating for fall (although when the temperature is 97 and the heat index is over 100 it’s hard to get in the mood to decorate for fall so that has been slow going), watching football.   

5. What I’m dreading
Hmmm does going to work every day qualify? :)

6. What I’m working on
Ottoman makeover, window project, and a few other little odds and ends. Also, I should really get on that fall decorating since next week is October already. I’m also working on finding a place to stay at the beach for a cousin’s wedding.

7. What I’m excited about
Going to the beach for a weekend. The upcoming holiday season. Cooler weather!

8. What I’m watching/reading
Right now I’m not reading much other than my Bible. I need to find a good book. Any suggestions? I’m not watching much at the moment either, but I do have the last season of NCIS on hold at the local library because we missed the second half of it and are trying to catch up. Also looking forward to the new season of Fixer Upper starting soon. I am ready for some Chip and JoJo.

9. What I’m listening to
Way too much political talk. Every station it seems is recapping the debate. I'm ready to vote already. On that topic though, remember it's important to get out there and vote people!! No matter how tired we are of hearing all of this. The future of the country is at stake. Sorry, end of soapbox. 

10. What I’m wearing
Same old work clothes during the week. On the weekends Alabama gear and shorts for game day, shorts and sleeveless tops or t-shirts the rest of the weekend along with summer dresses for church (remember upper 90s). Looking forward to pulling out the jeans, sweaters and boots for the fall weather over the next few months though.  

11. What I’m doing this weekend
Watching football, catching up on housework, hopefully getting some time outdoors and enjoying some cooler weather and spending some time with family.

12. What I’m looking forward to next month
More cooler weather, fall food, and of course more football. Roll Tide! :)

13. What else is new
Not much else.

Bonus question: What is your favorite fall recipe? I have so many but the first one that came to mind was my White Chicken Chili. I make it for pretty much every fall or winter potluck, chili supper, etc. and it always goes over well. 


Well that's it, my first What's Up Wednesday in the books! Thanks to The Larson Lingo, Mix and Match Mama, and Sheaffer Told Me To and for hosting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment